I began a private studio in 2004. Since that time I have taught voice and beginning piano students in Boston, Los Angeles, Washington D.C. and Philadelphia from all over the world and of all ages. I have coached Opera choruses, rock bands, acapella groups, rap singers and children's choirs.
I work through the principle of joyful discipline; serious focused action infused with a sense of play.
What will lessons consist of?
Voice: Adults and Children
- Vocal Technique - Singing posture, the use of the breath, tonal focus, resonance
- The art of practicing - Getting the most out of regular and fulfilling time with your instrument
- Repertoire - Finding your voice's sweet spot
And because it is important to be a smart singer, not just a good one:
- Sight singing and music theory
- Care of the voice
Piano: Beginning and Intermediate
- Proper posture and position at the piano
- Music reading and theory
- The art of practicing - Getting the most out of regular and fulfilling time at the piano (that includes parents too)
Lessons last one hour for adults. For children and younger adults the time is either one hour or a half-hour depending on their age and needs.
Fee: $70 per hour lesson. $35 per half-hour. Payment is to be made via Paypal previous to scheduled lesson/s. Alternate forms of payment may be arranged upon discussion.
(Please note: There will be a one-time administrative fee of $5.00 charged for the first lesson)
Lessons are held in person or via Skype.